FireSide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fire emblem community

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FireSide's Fanfic

Go down 
+3
Daikun
Ramen Nekan
Galnik
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-01-13

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 4:01 pm

I was thinking: "Fanfics usually become boring if only one person is creating it."

So, in this story, it will not be just one person creating a story, it will be multiple people cooperating to create a full-length story.

We will be bouncing ideas off of eachother here and (I still have not decided this yet) posting our sections of the story in a different topic.

Basically, we will be creating the characters, storyline, world, aim for the story (what the characters will be trying to do), and post our sections of the story here.
_when you create characters, please mention their gender_

ANYBODY CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS, THERE IS NO ORDER THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO POST IN THE OTHER TOPIC (if I make one, that is) AND WHATEVER IDEAS YOU HAVE WILL BE BUILT UPON AND TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION.

I will begin with a few of my ideas. (these may be discarded or used)

Characters-
Pareloxia: Female
Xapex: Male

I think that the story should take place in the medival era (always fun) and the characters will be aiming to dethrone an usurper who has invaded their country and killed off every member of the royal family. The usurper has a huge army and rules their country with an iron fist. He executes any who even speak of breaking his laws, and his high taxes have forced the country into poverty. Nobody has been able to afford decent enough weapons or armor to even provide any resistance against the king.
Back to top Go down
Ramen Nekan

Ramen Nekan

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-01-06

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 7:39 am

We think this ish a good idea, Galni-kun... We would be willing to take part, though as we are usually busy, we might not be able to actually write, but...
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/animerpg24/
Daikun
Daikun

Male
Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2007-01-04

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:17 am

Count me in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.daylnn.com
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-01-18

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 5:06 pm

Oh. Didn't realise I had to post here to sign up. I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Ya-sama
Ya-sama

Male
Number of posts : 247

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 9:22 pm

I guess I will join too.
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 10:19 pm

O.O Wow... *is amazed that so many people signed up so fast*

*coughs* Yes. This "setting" that I "made up" is actually an EXTREME variation of the Minotaur Wars that I am read at the moment.

So far, my "system"(as some might call it) technically does not require you to sign up. Pot-lucking your ideas automatically signs you up to help. *was hoping for you guys to give ideas*

First things first. We need names for the protagonists and the antagonists. Once we decide on the official names for the characters, then follow that up with the cities, then the geography and setting of the cities, then the character backgrounds, and finish it off by playing out all of these within a Prologue of sorts to introduce those not helping into this world that we are creating.

*is open for ideas*
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 4:57 pm

Well, for most names, we'll want to turn to mythology. Other than that we use normal names. 'Course, you could aways just put random letters together and hope it sounds cool.

EDIT:
These are mostly taken from Irish mythology (except Lemuria)

Aengus, Midir and Dagda for names of chracters, good or bad. Dagda is the god in Irish myth, and Aengus and Midir are his sons. I like Midir and Dagda, Aengus not so much.

Lemuria (GS players know what this is <_<) is a good city name.

Claiomh Solais. If you want a weapon name, use this. It means, "Sword of Light." Or, if you don't like that, use the Spear Luin, "Glaring Spear." If you like neither, it's yo own damn fault.

More later I guess.
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 10:30 pm

O.O Weapon names? Don't think I mentioned that, but I believe that only two weapon names may be needed. (an evil weapon for the antagonist to use against his foes, and a blessed weapon for the protagonist to use that cancels out the antagonist's weapon's aura-type thing)

Nontheless, those are pretty good names, even if you didn't come up with them on your own. I have an ENTIRE list of about 10-20 names for characters, 20+ city names, 2-5 country names, and 2 or 3 names for races.

I am still searching for my list as of yet... *wrote it down on paper*

I will return with the list ASAP!
Back to top Go down
berserk_banana
berserk_banana

Male
Number of posts : 95

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 9:00 am

Making names up for people is kinda lame, since they usually turn out crappy. Exceptions are like Christopher Paolini, who actually did a good job with names like Roran and Galbatorix.

As for weapon names, what kind of weapons do you have in mind? Swords? Axes? Polearms?
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 10:45 am

Yeah, Christopher Paolini did do a good job. But I found a PIECE of my list just a little while ago Rolling Eyes

The names are: Ardnor, Maritia, Nephera, Hotak, Bastion, Firnel, Argzale, Faros, Chot, Grom, Jubal, Xapex, Gradic, Kilona, Gorus, Galdar, Belsterks, Sahd, Paug...
And that's what I found so far, kinda mediocre compared to

bb, one weapon name for a polearm and one for a sword.
Back to top Go down
berserk_banana
berserk_banana

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:30 am

Sword Names(Mythology):Hrunting, Nothung, Curtana, Caladbolg, Caledfwlch, Claiohm Solais, Fragarach, Dyrnwyn, Clarent, Excalibur, Caliburn, Cernwnnan, Alondite, Balmung/Gram, Tyrfing, Hofud, Skofnung, Durindana, Hauteclere, Joyeuse, Lohengrin, Durandal, Damocles

Sword Names(Movies, Games and other crap):Herugrim, Anduril/Narsil, Guthwine, Glamdring, Orcrist, Styx, Requiem, Acheron, Phlegethon, Ragnell, Lethe

Hang on a sec while I dig up some spears.
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:13 pm

We should pick one of those that haven't been used in a video game/movie/book/any other form of fiction.

Hrunting was from Castlevania and FF10, Caladbolg from FF10, and Excalibur from only god knows how many places. Durandal and Alondite are from FE. Caledfwlch is a good replacement for Caladbolg. The rest are either under-used or not from any game/movie/book/any other form of fiction I've heard of.

As for spears, Spear Luin and Spear of Longinus are all I found. If you REALLY want a poleaxe, there isn't much to work with.
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:20 pm

umm... Duradal, Kaladbolg, Gae Bolg, Yamato, Wals MK2, Ripper, Madu, Madhu, Mahu, Fire Scepter: Angi, Ice Staff: Dagon, Chain Sword, God Shield Ganbu, Divinity Barrier, Foi, Rafoi, Gifoi, Barta, Rabarta, Gibarta, Grants, Megid, Ryuker, Reverser, ....

*goes onto PSO for more weapon names that we can steal use*
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:35 pm

Durandal and Caladbolg are already up there. I'm also assuming Masamune, Murasame, and Muramasa are vetoed?

Let's hear those race names if you can remember them. You could use the Fir Bolg as one.
Back to top Go down
berserk_banana
berserk_banana

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 3:15 pm

Herugrim's not a very well known name. I'm pretty sure I can count on one hand how many people know that Herugrim is the sword of Theoden, King of Rohan. Andthen there's Guthwine, another not known sword, belonging to Eomer.

Nobody cares about Norse mythology, eh? What happened to Odin's lance, Gungnir? -_-
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:19 pm

Here's my complete list of weapon names, choose two or three that you like and we'll use them:

DB’s Saber
Kaladbolg
Blade Dance
Bloody Ar
Custom Ray Ver. 00
H&S25 Justice
Club of Laconium
Cross Scar
Brionac
Gungnir
Vjaya
Gae Bolg
Mace of Adaman
Battle Verge
Brave Hammer
Varista
Alive Aqhu
Fire Scepter: Agni
Ice Staff: Dagon
Storm Wand: Indra
Angry Fist
Yamato
Caducues
Elysion
Branch of Paku Paku
Mahu, Madhy
Durandal
Flowen’s Sword
Last Survivor
Blade Dance
Twin Chakram
Liberator
Diska of Braveman
Meteor Cudgel
Sange Yasha
Braveace
Visk-235W
Wals-MK2
Justy-23ST
Yasminkov
MA60 Vise
LK14 Combat
Club of Zumiuran
Fatasia
Ravana
Bhirava
Soniti
Pitri
Rati
Churel
Savitri…

And that’s all I have to offer.
Back to top Go down
Abyssion

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:28 pm

I'll help out, though I'm in kind of a role-player's block right now. The only thing I won't screw up would be the battles, sadly. confused
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:31 pm

Abyssion wrote:
I'll help out, though I'm in kind of a role-player's block right now. The only thing I won't screw up would be the battles, sadly. confused

This isn't an Rp... It's a Fanfic, it's impossible to screw this up! (if that were to happen, then it would be MY fault)
Back to top Go down
Abyssion

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 12:03 am

Role-playing and writing fanfics are one in the same, yo. If you have a block in one, then you also have a block in another.
Back to top Go down
berserk_banana
berserk_banana

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 12:42 pm

Nay, they are not. An RPG isn't as difficult to write because you don't have to start completely from scratch, unlike a fanfic. They are quite similar, but not one in the same.
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 1:27 pm

^^^^^ Those are futuristic names, some of them. Is this supposed be in the future, past, or present? Because that would be helpful to know.

Moving right back onto topic, I've always thought Caladbolg/Kaladbolg Question was a good name. Gungnir, too.
Back to top Go down
berserk_banana
berserk_banana

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 2:03 pm

My personal favorites are Brionac, Gungnir and Gae Bolga.
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 2:45 pm

^^Sorry for the "futuristic names" These names were stolen borrowed from PSO (Phanstasy Star Online). However, on a side note, you do have a point. I think that this should take place sometime in the future i guess. I could come up with some type of storyline that allows these people to come by the magic weaponry, but I'm not sure if it should be my job or someone elses...

Bloody Art, Sange Yasha, and Yamato are MINE!! *evil laugh*
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 5:00 pm

Well, looks like we like Gungnir. We need to decide on one more, right? If it's in the future, can we have guns? Desperado and Sigma Bazooka could be gun names.

Unfortunately, I'm not good with storylines, so...
Back to top Go down
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 5:05 pm

Yes, there can be guns...

Hows about NUG2000-bazooka?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FireSide's Fanfic Empty
PostSubject: Re: FireSide's Fanfic   FireSide's Fanfic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FireSide's Fanfic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FireSide :: FE Fan section :: Fan fiction-
Jump to: