FireSide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fire emblem community

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?

Go down 
+5
Caenis
berserk_banana
Ya-sama
Amyler
Mikaboshi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-01-14

Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Empty
PostSubject: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 9:38 pm

Nino from FE7 and Ewan from FE8. Which one is the most useless?

Myself, Ewan is the worst. Sub-par stats, and he's a bitch to raise. And combined with his 8-year-old personallity, he fails ultimately.

However, after playing FE7 for a while, I've learned that Nino is, if you raise her right, one of the greatest Sages in the game. A level 18 Nino, 30 Mag capped, and equiped with Elfire... pure pwnage. She can kill enemies in one hit, and can kill bosses in 3-4 hits. I can't understand why people hate this girl.
Back to top Go down
Amyler
Mercenary
Amyler

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 11:07 pm

Ewan is the worst, easily. Nino is a bitch to train, but when she is you wont regret it. Ewan, however, is harder to train then nino, is worse stat wise then Lute, and is only slightly supirior to Knoll. He's jsut not worth it.

And the reason why Nino gets hate is because of how late she comes in. If she was level 10, say, or came in 5 levels earlier, it would be perfect, but shes not, and it aint.
Back to top Go down
Ya-sama
Ya-sama

Male
Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 11:15 pm

Ewan...just sucks! But then again I trained him in the Tower and Ruins and he still sucks after all that training I put into him...-_-

Nino...she just as bad...but will become one of the strongest sages in the game. I personally never used her, since she came in way too late in the game. I only did once, to get an A support with Jaffar, but only got her to level 10 sage...-_-

I would have to say Nino...she has potential, but I'm too lazy to have her reach that potential.

Ewan...you suck!
Back to top Go down
berserk_banana
berserk_banana

Male
Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2007 11:44 pm

Ewan's definitely more useless. Ne's more fragile than Nino, as well as being a MUCH bigger pain to raise. He can't even Tower abuse without a healer glued to his butt. At least Nino Can survive a hit or two.
Back to top Go down
Caenis

Caenis

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 9:32 am

I dislike Nino more. Sure, she does have more personality than Ewan (and apparently comes out better than him in the end) but what Amyler said is true:

Quote :
And the reason why Nino gets hate is because of how late she comes in. If she was level 10, say, or came in 5 levels earlier, it would be perfect, but shes not, and it aint.

With FE8, it doesn't matter as much because you have the Tower to help. Yes, you'll need a healer, but who cares? I had one permanently attached to Neimi and Ross when they were first leveling up. I think I had to do that with Lyn for a while because her strength was so awful. At least in FE8 you have all the time in the world to train Ewan.

So yes, *summation* I think that Ewan is...well, at least more convenient than Nino.
Back to top Go down
Abyssion

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 9:58 am

I've never gotten to that part in FE7, but I USED to think that Ewan was pure pwnage. I tower abused him and the other trainee units until they were all tier 3 trainees on Ch 15. They basically wiped the floor with Valtar's army. Sadly, Ewan got weaker...and weaker...and weaker...and then I started to regret training him up. For now, I'll just say that Nino is more useless.
Back to top Go down
berserk_banana
berserk_banana

Male
Number of posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2007 11:18 am

The thing about Ewan though is this:what if there were no Valni, Lagdou or skirmishes? You've got 8 chapters to get a level -10 unit who is going to die in 2 hits from a revenant. Considering he joins where mercenaries populate the field, he's going to get doubled and have his head cleaved in two without some excrutiating babysitting. Nino's at least got a Gaiden chapter specifically designed for her and your freshly promoted Lord to level up. Ewan's got a bunch of open space where it's hard to form a wall around him and let him pick off each enemy 1 by 1.
Back to top Go down
Daikun
Daikun

Male
Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 2:54 pm

Ewan's starting stats:

Ewan

Route
LVL
HP
MAG
SKL
SPD
LCK
DEF
RES

Eirika
E
-
-
-

Ephraim
E
-
-
-

Nino's starting stats:

Nino

Route
LVL
HP
STR
SKL
SPD
LCK
DEF
RES
CON

Eliwood and Hector's Story
C
-
-
-

Ewan's growth rate:

Ewan

HP
MAG
SKL
SPD
LCK
DEF
RES

50%
45%
40%
35%
50%
15%
40%

Nino's growth rate:

Nino

HP
MAG
SKL
SPD
LCK
DEF
RES

55%
50%
55%
60%
45%
15%
50%

Nino beats Ewan.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.daylnn.com
Ya-sama
Ya-sama

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 2:56 pm

Wow...where did you get of that info from...o_O
Back to top Go down
Daikun
Daikun

Male
Number of posts : 365

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 21, 2007 3:05 pm

Fe-Planet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.daylnn.com
Amyler
Mercenary
Amyler

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 5:26 am

I have a link to all the FE7 growth rates, plus I can get you all the ones from any other game, so if you need 'em, just give a shout out.
Back to top Go down
Ya-sama
Ya-sama

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 4:10 pm

Wow. And yes, I will look to see the growth rates of FE7. *only has FE7*

Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male
Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2007 4:46 pm

How about average 20/20 (or 10/20/20) so we don't have to figure it out ourselves?

Ewan, assuming he became a Sage.

HP: 44
Mag: 25
Skl: 22
Spd: 23
Luck: 29
Def: 11
Res: 25 (capped)

Nino

HP: 41
Mag: 25
Skl: 26
Spd: 26 (capped)
Luck: 25
Def: 12
Res: 25 (capped)

Compared

HP: Ewan +3
Mag: Tie
Skl: Nino +4
Spd: Nino +3
Luck: Ewan +4
Def: Nino +1
Res: Tie

Nino may only win in the comparison by 1 point, but having superior skill, defense and speed, yet still tying for magic power takes the win in my opinion. While Ewan is considered a pain in the neck to train, you have the Tower in that game, use it. Even if you have to stick a healer to him 24/7, he at least has a chance to get to 10/20/20. Nino isn't much easier to train. She joins late with horrible stats, you likely won't get to full pontential anyway. Ewan may fail as a magic user, but he wins in this match-up.
Back to top Go down
fire emblem
Mercenary
fire emblem

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Nino>Ewan for the above resons and FE7>FE8
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:42 pm

You people, these threads are several months old. Look at the dates. -.-
Back to top Go down
Abyssion

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:43 pm

I think we need to make some more topics so they won't have to necropost anymore...
Back to top Go down
Janissary782

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:44 pm

Yeah Abby, I am getting on that. Give me about 10 mins and I think I will have 2 new threads going.

Last edited by on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vulcan Raven
Vulcan Raven

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:45 pm

I honestly doubt he didn't know. And sure, but just make NEW topics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?   Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nino vs. Ewan: Who sucks the most?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FireSide :: Fire emblem genral :: FE 6-9-
Jump to: