FireSide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fire emblem community

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FE10 and Wii controlls

Go down 
+2
Aitze
Carreu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Carreu
Legend
Carreu

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-03

FE10 and Wii controlls Empty
PostSubject: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:32 am

I've heard many people complaining about FE10 being a Gamecube port. Well, I was thinking...what could the implement into FE games as far as wii controls that wouldn't upset what people love about the game?

Too many wii controls could take away the stratagy aspect of the game and make more of an action style. Now I don't know abotu any of you, but the stratagy is what got me on the series in the first place. I was hooked by the stories and the characters. Would making FE games more fused with Wii contols, would that make it a better or worse game?

In this topic you can tell of ideas you've had for an FE title on Wii with Wii controls. Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
https://fireside.forumotion.com
Aitze
Mercenary
Aitze

Male
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-01-05

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:39 am

There really aren't that much ways to make FE a Wii-ish game. In other words, I totally agree with your opinion.
*has nothing else to say* >_>
Back to top Go down
http://silethas.deviantart.com
Gespenst

Gespenst

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:40 am

There are certain games where motion sensing controles would be a hinderence, that's the reason why Super Smash Brothers and Goddess of Dawn aren't using them.

The only implimentable funcion I can think of for the Wii-mote would be using it as a pointer but I don't see that working better than the current control system. I do like the classic controler though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carreu
Legend
Carreu

Male
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-01-03

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:42 am

BANG-HEADSHOT- END!

I doubt I would like it as a pointer, personally. I like the GC setup.
Back to top Go down
https://fireside.forumotion.com
fire emblem
Mercenary
fire emblem

Male
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:01 pm

^Werd Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Abyssion

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 5:21 pm

I'd say the only thing that would be good with the Wii mote would be using it as a pointer like Gespenst said. Anything else and it would be a peice of crap.
Back to top Go down
Daikun
Daikun

Male
Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2007-01-04

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 12:06 pm

Pointer=win. Anything else=ultra lose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.daylnn.com
Galnik
Recruit
Galnik

Male
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 8:07 pm

They could, I dunno, have you swing the Wiimote to swing a sword. Like, they would have you use your bonus EXP, but you would have to attack a dummy by swinging the Wiimote at the correct moments to actually gain the EXP from the bonus EXP points...

Eh, just an idea I thought I might throw out there.
Back to top Go down
Gespenst

Gespenst

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 6:27 pm

Galnik wrote:
They could, I dunno, have you swing the Wiimote to swing a sword. Like, they would have you use your bonus EXP, but you would have to attack a dummy by swinging the Wiimote at the correct moments to actually gain the EXP from the bonus EXP points...

Eh, just an idea I thought I might throw out there.

I think that would just detract from the realism, sense of immersion in the game, addin minigames would make it something else althogther.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FE10 and Wii controlls   FE10 and Wii controlls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FE10 and Wii controlls
Page 1 of 1